We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy and any other documents we refer to in this policy set out how we will use your personal information and with whom it will be shared. Please read the following carefully.
What information do we collect about you?
We may collect and process the following data about you (‘your information’):
- information that you submit online via our site including your name, company name, contact information including email address, business address, job title, mobile phone number and other information relevant to customer surveys;
- any correspondence you send to us;
- details of your visits to the Site and the resources that you access (which may include, amongst other things; traffic data and communication data).
We are aware that your information may be confidential and we will protect the confidentiality of your information in accordance with our normal procedures and legal requirements.
How will we use your information?
We collect your information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. We use your information in the following ways:
- to ensure that the Site’s content is presented as effectively as possible for you and/or to customise the Site according to your interests;
- for our internal purposes, such as Internal record keeping, quality control or to improve our products and services, site performance, system administration and to evaluate use of the Site, so that we can provide you with enhanced services;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you (provided of course that you agree);
- to create reports to assist with future marketing;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts with you and for billing and delivery purposes; and
- to enable you to participate in the features of the Site, when you choose to do so.
We may monitor your use of the Site and record your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical information about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
We collect statistics data about Visitors to the Site and sales and traffic patterns. We only keep your information for as long as is necessary.
Suggested text: If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with
We use ‘cookies’ to collect the information referred to below and track your use of the Site.
A cookie is a small data file that is placed on your computer or other device to allow a website to recognise you as a user when you return to the website using the same computer and web browser, either for the duration of your visit (using a ‘session cookie’) or for repeat visits (a ‘persistent cookie’).
Other similar files work in the same way and we use the word ‘cookie’ in this policy to refer to all files that collect information in this way.
Cookies are an extremely common technology for remembering certain information about a visitor to a website.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies: to analyse the use of the Site by, for example, recognising and counting the number of visitors and how they move around the Site. This helps us to see what parts of the site are popular and which sections need improving to make the experience better for users;
- Functionality Cookies: to recognise you when you return to the Site so that content can be personalised for you, for example, by remembering your country and site preferences; and
- Tracking Cookies: to record your visit to the Site and the pages you have visited and links you have followed. We may use this to make the Site more relevant to your interests.
However, if you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by this Site (or, indeed, on any other site) you can do this through your browser settings.
The ‘Help’ function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit allaboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer, as well as more general information about cookies.
Please note that, as these websites are not owned or operated by staircase13 Limited, we are not responsible for any of the content on them. Please be aware that restricting cookies may mean that you will not be able to take full advantage of all the features or services available on this Site.
Under UK GDPR regulations and in line with Legitimate Interest rule, we would like to keep you informed about new products, our services and interesting events and therefore, we use your personal data to recommend certain products, services or events that may be of interest to you by email. To provide more relevant information to you, we may process data relating to your purchase history. We will only use your data for our own marketing and advertising purposes and do not transfer any personal data to third parties for marketing purposes.
If you purchase, take a trial of, or express interest in any of our products or services, we may also send you marketing emails to the contact details you provide. Our marketing emails will only advertise our products or services that are similar to those that you have purchased, trialled or in which you have expressed interest. You have not opted out of receiving those marketing emails, but you have the right to withdraw your consent and stop receiving these communications at any time, by clicking on the Unsubscribe button placed at the bottom of each email you receive, or by contacting us via our submission form here.
Where do we transfer your information?
We may transfer your information to, or store it, outside the United Kingdom to the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) or countries which do not have as developed data protection laws.
If we transfer your data to EEA, the United States of America or other non-EEA countries, we will endeavour to only send the data to companies which are Safe Habor registered and certified. It may also be processed by staff at our affiliates, suppliers, agents or appointed representatives’ offices overseas.
Please do not send us your information if you do not want it to be transferred to or stored outside the EEA. By providing your information to us you agree and consent to us transferring to, and storing your information at, a destination outside the EEA.
With whom do we share your information?
We may share your information with other organisations as per the points below:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets (as we may share your data with the prospective seller or buyer);
- if we or substantially all of our company assets are acquired by another party, in which case your information will be one of the transferred assets;
- business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter with them or you;
- if we have to share your information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements, or if we have to enforce any other agreements or to protect our rights, property or our customers, etc. This may involve exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may share the non-personal aggregated statistics data about Visitors to the Site with third parties.
We may also share your information with selected third parties for the purposes of credit card clearance/credit reference/order fulfilment/delivery/data analysis/customer support/storage services.
How do we keep your information secure?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All your information is stored securely on hosted servers. Any actions you perform on the site which are related to your account will be encrypted.
If you have a username, password or other login details which enable you to access certain parts of the Site, you must not allow any other person to use them and must treat them as confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
Although we will apply our normal procedures and comply with legal requirements to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the Site and any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to other sites
The Site may from time to time contain links to and from other websites.
If you follow a link to any of those sites, please note that those sites ought to have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those sites or for their privacy policies.
Please check those privacy policies before you submit your information to those sites.
During the Transition Period (whilst forming UK GDPR), under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have the right to see the personal information that we hold about you, whether collected through your use of the Site or through any communications that you have had with us.
You have the right to access your information and should direct any request for your information to us here.
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to rectify your information by sending us a written request to us here.
You have the right to ask us not to process your information (or pass your information to other companies or organisations) for marketing purposes. You can request this by contacting us here.
If you have a complaint about how we have used your information, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.